Sunday, February 11, 2018

Overnight Oatmeal


What you need,

For the Basic Overnight Oat recipe,

½ cup old fashioned oats (don’t use the quick oats here, they get too soggy!)
½ cup milk (I always use 1% because it is what we have in the house.)

1 heaping tablespoon of vanilla Greek yogurt (optional but I really like the added creaminess!)

1 tbsp. honey

Combine all the ingredients in a medium mason jar and stir to combine.

Now you could stop there and just eat them like that… or you can add in all the fun things!

Today I had what I think is my favorite,

Peanut Butter Banana,

Just add in one small banana sliced, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (whatever kind you like, mine happens to be Jif!), and 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips, cause why not!

Stir into the base recipe and stash in the fridge!

SO SO good!

I have also tried,

Apple Raisin,

½ and apple diced, 2 tablespoons of raisins and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.

Pumpkin Pie,

1 heaping tablespoon of pumpkin puree, ½ teaspoon raisins, ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, ½ tablespoon of brown sugar.

Blueberry Banana,

1 small banana, sliced, ¼ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen), ½ teaspoon of vanilla.

All these variations have been very delicious! I have quite a few more recipes pinned to try, like Carrot Cake, Coconut Pineapple, Mixed Berry, and Cinnamon Roll…. Don’t those all sound amazing!
Jen of My Tiny Oven